STAG also exists to persuade Sheffield City Council to have a moratorium on all tree planting and felling operations that do not include works to trees that represent, by reason of their condition, a likely, immediate and reasonably foreseeable danger of serious, harm or damage in the near future: “a risk of such immediacy and consequence that urgent action is required” (NTSG, 2011, p. 52). STAG would like such a moratorium to be in place until an adequate tree strategy has been commissioned, draughted in accordance with current arboricultural good practice advice, guidance and recommendations, and until it has been completed, adopted as Council policy, and is ready for implementation. STAG believe that it is necessary that the tree strategy include a sub-strategy specifically for highway trees.
|Join your local Tree Group:
1. Main STAG Facebook Group here
2. Save Crookes, Weston Road & Walkley Tree here
3. Save Gleadless Valley Trees here
4. Save Ecclesall Road Trees here
5. Save Rivelin Valley Road, Hillsborough & Wadsley Trees here
6. Save Netheredge Trees here
7. Save Dore, Totley & Bradway Trees here
8. Save the Trees of Firth Park here
9. Save the Trees of Millhouses Please here
10. Save the Burngreave and Pitsmoor Trees here
11. Save Norfolk Park Trees here
12. Save the Trees in Greenhill here
Use the info on this site to encourange people in your area to take an interest and to also dispel a lot of the myths!
1. SORT here
2. Save Netheredge Trees here
3. Save Eccleshall Trees here
|Attend upcoming Events:
Sat 25th Feb 11am – Stop the Spin – Town Hall here
Friday 10th March 7pm – STAG Benefit Concert – Greystones Pub here
|Check-out Trees at Risk Map:
See which trees are at risk of being chopped. This is manually updated, so please let us know if any are missing
Save Sheffield Trees – Merchandise!
|Badges / Car-Stickers||Hoodies||Bags|
Thank you to all of you who generously donated to our crowdfunding. The money has created our STAG T-Shirts, leaflets and other promo for the campaign and of course Legal support!